Welcome to West Virginia Rural Eye Care
In 2012 we began providing high quality eye care to patients in the region. We are committed to serving you throughout your visit, and even after you leave our office. Our staff delivers exceptional customer service assuring you the respect and attention that we would show our own family and friends. Our experienced doctors will assist you in selecting frames and lenses that best help you achieve and maintain optimal vision. We know your time is valuable and that healthy eyesight is important to you and your family. At West Virginia Rural Eye Care, we strive to not only meet your expectations, but to exceed them.
We carry a large selection of designer brands and offer a variety of frames to choose from. Please call us today at (304) 399-2020 to schedule your appointment. Appointments are now being accepted.
We provide comprehensive vision and eye health examinations. Our complete exams include early detection of glaucoma, cataracts, retinal disease, diabetic eye disease, and other ocular diseases.
Optometrists are also medical professionals but not physicians. After college, they spent four years in a program and got a degree in optometry. Some optometrists undergo additional clinical training after optometry school. They focus on regular vision care and prescribe eyeglasses and contacts. Services include:
- Vision services such as eye exams
- Treatment of conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Provide low vision aids and vision therapy
- Diagnose eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and conjunctivitis
- Prescribe medications for certain eye conditions (in some states)
- Participate in pre- or post-operative care for people who need surgery
- Optometrists and ophthalmologists may work together to take care of you.